Tuesday 31 July 2012

Best Consumables?

When I first joined the game I didn't really understand the concept of consumables and with the little amount of money I had I didn't see the point.

However, many thousands of battles later they are a crucial part of my load out and have saved my life more times that I can think. So what is the idea load out.

Personally I tend not to use gold for consumables but stick with their credit based counterparts since i find them to be pretty efficient anyway and i tend to get through 1 or two in a battle and i'm not rich enough to afford that.

All nations get access to the improved oil in one form or another which allows them to increase the output power of their engines which can be helpful but in my opinion doesn't create much of a noticeable bonus.

The Russians also get the option for the removal of the speed governor which gives a bigger boost to engine power but causes slow damage to the engine which can cause it to be knocked out and will also require it to be repaired at the end of the battle.

Yet despite the advantages that both of these can offer in speed I still personally find that the best 3 perks are the repair kit, first aid kit and fire extinguisher. I find nothing more annoying than my gunner getting killed early on and having to spend the rest of the battle with massively reduced accuracy or my ammo rack getting hit resulting in massively slower reload speed.

Happy Hunting

- Loz

2 comments:

  1. Always on my tanks:

    Repair Kit
    First Aid Kit

    The 3rd slot depends on the tank and tactic. I often find myself equipping Removed Speed Governor on the IS-7, for instance. But mostly, in randoms, it's the Fire Extinguisher.

    Personally, I'd love to see some more variation in them. Because, you know.......options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i agree that out of the three the fire extinguisher is the least important, and it is true that the speed governor can be good allows you to make cover in time etc. I still generally use the fire extinguishers in random also though since i know if i don't i'll get shot by a small tank and set on fire early on haha.

    I agree it would be good to get some more variations, i'm sure at some point WG will get around to looking at them and hopefully improving them.

    ReplyDelete